About Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic
Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana (formerly The Federal Polytechnic, Unwana – Afikpo) was established by Decree No.33 of 1979.
The Polytechnic effectively took off in November 1981 when the pioneer Rector Late Engr. Dr. O. B. Epelle assumed duties at the temporary Office at Afikpo. Work then commenced on the rehabilitation of the Polytechnic’s temporary site at Okposi in Ohaozara Local Government Area of the then Imo State. At the same time, perimeter survey of the permanent site of the Institution at Unwana, in Afikpo Local Government Area commenced. On April 30, 1982, the Foundation Stone of the Polytechnic was laid at Unwana by the then Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Chief Dr. Alex Ekwueme.
Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Available Courses.
Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic HND Full-time Courses.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) BUSINESS BASED COURSES:
- Business Administration & Management
- Office Technology & Management
- Public Administration
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Quantity Surveying
SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural Technology
- Food technology
- Ceramics and Glass Technology
- Hospitality Management and Tourism
- Agric Extension and Management
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
Qualifications: Candidates must be holders of National Diploma in the relevant field of study. Also, the candidates with CGPA of 2.5 and above must have completed one year of Industrial Training. Candidates with CGPA of less than 2.5 must have completed two years of Industrial Training.
PART-TIME PROGRAMMES (NATIONAL AND HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA): Business Administration and Management, Office Technology and Management, Library and Information Science, Accountancy, Public Administration, Marketing and Computer Science.
Qualifications: The same as the regular programme.
Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Remedial Courses.
- Business Based Subjects Offered: Maths, English, Economics, Commerce, Business Studies, Principles of Accounting and Literature in English.
- Science-Based Subjects Offered: Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agric Science, Geography and Technical Drawing.
- Qualifications: Candidates who have previously taken O’Level examinations and those preparing to take O’Level examinations.
SCREENING FOR ADMISSION:
The screening will be done online. The following basic documents are required for the online screening. Other required documents are listed on the Polytechnic website and the application form:
Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD)
- O’Level certificate
- Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate or
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate/NYSC Exclusion or Exemption certificate
Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Original copy of O’Level result or certificate
- Original copy of National Diploma Statement of Result obtained from NBTE Accredited Institution
- Original letter of completion of Industrial Training appropriate to the candidate’s CGPA as indicated earlier.
- O’Level statement of result.
National Diploma (Part-time)
- Original copy of O’Level Result(s)
PS: As at the time of Updating this page, the Pre-ND and remedial Registration for 2020/2021 Session is Yet to commence.
How to Apply
- The application fee for the Post-Graduate Diploma is Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only.
- The application fee for Full-Time Higher National Diploma, Part-Time Higher National Diploma, Part-Time National Diploma and Remedial courses is Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only.
Candidates should pay the Screening Application Fee through the Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana Remita Platform in any bank in Nigeria.
- Candidates should visit the Akanu Ibiam Poly Website HERE.
- Select your programme type and provide your ND REG No/Phone No, fill in your detail ACCURATELY and click the “sign-in” button.
- Print the Invoice page that pops out.
- Proceed to the bank(any commercial bank) with the print-out and make your payment using the Remita RRR Generated.
- After the payment, Return to the portal and click the “Apply Now” Button
- Select the Application Type and Supply your RRR
- Proceed to fill your details accurately.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”http://portal.polyunwana.net/screeningapplication.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1″ ]