Bowen University JUPEB / IJMB Admission Form: Bowen University commenced the Advanced Level Programme in 2013 and is one of the earliest universities to run the Joint Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) program coaching. It is located in Iwo, Osun State.
The University organizes an intensive coaching program with dedicated lecturers in a conducive learning environment. It is aimed at preparing students to pass Advanced Level examination(s) that would qualify them for direct entry admission to a degree program at Bowen University or other universities within and outside the country. The mode of study shall be fully residential at Bowen University’s campus, Iwo, Osun State.
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme (BUALP) aims at:
- Preparing students for full-time direct entry admission to the University
- Engaging the students academically, intellectually, and socially in readiness for their various courses of study
- Developing the students’ knowledge and skills in core subjects relevant to their proposed courses of study
Bowen University JUPEB / IJMB Admission Form Requirements.
- Candidates for admission to Bowen University Advanced Level Programme must possess a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one sitting in WAEC and NECO (SSCE/GCE/NABTEB) or it’s equivalent which must include (3 subjects relevant to their intended degree programs plus Mathematics and English)
- However, a deficiency is allowed in Mathematics for Humanities/Arts candidates or Eglish Language for Science candidates but not in both subjects. Such candidates may be permitted to take the affected Ordinary Level subjects. Candidates admitted to the programme with two (2) ‘O’ Level sittings must have satisfied the minimum requirement of five (5) ‘O’ Level credits before registration.
Advantages of Bowen University JUPEB / IJMB Admission Form Programme
- Qualified, seasoned, and experienced tutors are available
- The University maintains high standards of discipline in molding the character of its students
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Conducive and excellent halls of residence for all students
- The students in the University are fully residential
- Being a faith-based institution, its Chaplaincy facilitates the spiritual growth and development of students
- The cordial relationship between Parents and Management of the University
Programme Examination Types
The Bowen University Advanced Level Programme offers students the opportunity to take examinations of the following bodies:
(i) Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
(ii) Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
Bowen University JUPEB Program Duration/Examination Time
Candidates willing to take up studies in the Bowen University Advanced Level Programme will spend between ten (10) months and twenty-four (24) months depending on the examination type the candidate will be taking
|Examination Board||A-Level Programme||Examination Time|
|JUPEB IJMB||12 months 24 months||June February|
Placement into Degree Programmes:
Placement to degree programmes is not automatic but shall be based on obtaining the required grades at the prescribed A’ Level examination for issuing Direct Entry certificates and satisfying all other conditions as prescribed for his/her course of study.
Programme Subjects: The BUALP offers the subjects based on the examination type the candidate will be taking.
Bowen University JUPEB Advanced Level Subjects:
- MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES SUBJECTS: Accounting, Economics, Government and Business Studies.
- SCIENCE SUBJECTS: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Agricultural Science.
- HUMANITIES AND ARTS: Literature in English, Government, Christian Religious Studies and History.
Nature of Examination:
Candidates are expected to offer a minimum of two (2) or a maximum of three (3) combinable subjects at the examination of any of the examining boards relevant for the pursuance of a university degree on successful completion of the programme.
Mode of Study:
The mode of study shall be fully residential at Bowen University’s campus, Iwo Osun State and non-residential at Bowen Campus, Akute, Lagos.
How to Apply for Bowen University JUPEB / IJMB Admission Form
Application Form: #7,500.000
Filling of Application Forms: Application forms are available at the university website. Download, print and complete the application form.
Bowen University Advanced Level Programme offers students the opportunity to take examinations of the following bodies:
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
Application forms can be completed online or manually
A. Online ApplicationApplicants are required to visit the Bowen University website and follow the stated procedure:
I Download, print and complete the application form.
II Submit printed copy at the University Campus.
B Offline Application Form
Application forms can also be obtained at the Admissions office of the University or any of the under-listed sales centres upon payment of a sum of N 7,500 (Seven thousand five hundred Naira only) in bank draft:
- First Baptist Church, Opposite NNPC Quarters, Area II, P.O Box 331, Garki, Abuja,
- Rivers Baptist Conference Secretariat, No7, William Jumbo Street, Old GRA Port-Harcourt
- Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro, Lagos.
- Baptist College of Theology Benin, NTA Road, Benin City, Edo State.
Submission of Forms
Submit the completed Application form to the Admissions Office of the University on the date of the screening exercise. Completed online application forms are to be submitted with a non-refundable sum of N7,500 (Seven Thousand Five hundred Naira only) in bank draft payable to Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State. For Further enquiries: Applicants are required to visit the Bowen University website or contact the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Phone No: 09036206970, 07085434397
Bowen University JUPEB / IJMB Admission Form Screening Exercise
Candidates are to come for the screening exercise at Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State with the following documents, (original and photocopies):
- Completed Application form
- Original and photocopies of ‘O’ Level result (s) (Original to be sighted only)
- Original and photocopies of Birth Certificate (Original to be sighted only)
- Statement of result/certificate
- Seven Thousand Five Hundred Naira (#7,500.000) for admission form.