Bowen University Postgraduate Admission Form: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Bowen University College of Postgraduate Studies’ various postgraduate programs.
The College of Postgraduate Studies aims to be the foremost in postgraduate training research that puts a premium on social relevance and global impact. We are committed to producing a steady stream of dynamic men and women who, through innovative research work, help to define the future.
Bowen’s postgraduate studies began in 2011 in response to the desire of many of our graduates, and many others from outside, for higher qualifications that would equip them for their academic and professional aspirations.
Professor Patrick O. Olutiola was the foundation Dean of the Postgraduate School. He was succeeded in 2015 by Professor Olawamiwa R. Adeniyi, who served until September 2019, when Professor Isaac A. Nasiru was appointed the first Provost of the College of Postgraduate Studies. An increasing number of candidates are applying to Bowen’s College of Postgraduate Studies because it guarantees quality training and research, an uninterrupted academic calendar, and a serene environment that is very conducive to excellent academic pursuits. They know that Bowen’s calendar runs as advertised, and that supervisors offer maximum support and encouragement to enable their students to complete their programs in go
Bowen University Postgraduate Admission Form Features
- All programs are accredited by NUC and Professional Bodies
- Highly rated and competent Lecturers
- Adequate accommodation for students (Optional)
- Well-equipped laboratories and studios
- Well-stocked library with both print and e-resources
- Wi-Fi accessibility in all areas of the University
- A serene environment with natural vegetation
Bowen University Postgraduate Courses
Bowen University Postgraduate Courses
a. College of Agriculture, Engineering, and Science (COAES):
- Agricultural Economics – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Crop Protection – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Environmental Management – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Food Science and Technology – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Microbiology – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Chemistry – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Mathematics – M.Sc; Ph.D
- Physics – M.Sc; Ph.D
- Statistics – M.Sc
b. College of Liberal Studies (COLBS):
- Religious Studies – M. A
c. College of Computing & Communication Studies (COCCS):
- Mass Communication – PGD; M.Sc
d. College of Management and Social Sciences (COMSS):
- Accounting – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Banking and Finance – PGD; M.Sc
- Business Administration – PGD; M.Sc; Ph.D
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Economics – PGD; M.Sc
- Sociology – PGD; M.Sc
NB: All approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- PGD = Postgraduate Diploma
- M. A = Masters of Arts Degree
- M.Sc = Masters of Science Degree
- Ph.D = Doctor of Philosophy Degree
Bowen University Postgraduate Admission Form General Admission Requirements
a. Postgraduate Diploma
A graduate from a recognized University with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree but with a grade lower than second-class lower division may be admitted. A holder of a Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum of upper credit may also be admitted.
b. Masters of Philosophy
- A candidate with a first degree or equivalent from a recognized University with a minimum of a second-class lower division may be admitted.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate Diploma in addition to a first degree or HND from a recognized Institution may also be admitted.
c. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
Direct Admission into Direct PhD Programme:
- A candidate with a good M.Phil degree or Masters degree with a grade not less than 4.00 CGPA (on a 5-point scale) or a cumulative average of 60%, which includes course work and a Dissertation from a recognized University, may be admitted. PhD runs for a minimum of 6 semesters.
Admission into M.Phil / PhD and Conversion to PhD:
- Provisional admission to a PhD program is granted when the applicant submits a Master’s degree certificate/transcript from an institution whose recognition cannot be adequately determined (typically in the case of a foreign institution), but who otherwise has successfully completed all admission requirements to the PhD program (as specified above for regular admission). Provisional admission is usually granted for two semesters, at the end of which regular admission status is granted, provided that academic performance meets expected standards. A student can enroll in PhD coursework while under provisional admission.
How to Apply for Bowen University Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply for Bowen University Postgraduate Admission Form. Applicants are to hold to the above instruction and then click on the link below.