- Fully Funded
- Brazil Universities
- Masters, PhD
- All Subjects
- International Students
Brazil Scholarships Program PAEC OAS-GCUB 2022 is open to international students who wish to pursue a degree in brazil.
Call for Applications OAS/GCUB no 001-2022
The General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS) and the International Cooperation Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB) with the support of the Division of Educational Topics of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Brazil (DTED/MRE), and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO), through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC OAS-GCUB), have decided to support university-level students of the Americas, through academic scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral programs, duly recommended by the Brazilian Ministry of Education (MEC), offered by Brazilian universities associated with GCUB.
About the Initiatives of the OEA and the GCUB
The OAS, through its Department of Human Development, Education, and Employment (DHDEE), supports the OAS Member States in creating and executing programs that promote human development at all educational levels. The DHDEE strengthens democratic values and security under the framework of regional integration by offering training opportunities to citizens of the Member States to support their efforts to improve quality and equity in education.
The GCUB, established on October 29, 2008, is a non-profit civil association with academic, scientific, and cultural goals, composed of a network of 89 Brazilian universities. Its institutional mission is to develop academic, scientific, and cultural relations among the associated institutions through programs, projects, and actions associated with international cooperation. These activities are executed in conjunction with international organizations, foreign universities, university networks, and government bodies in a number of countries.
- Master’s programs: Up to 24 months after the starting date of the study program and according to the rules and internal regulations of each program.
- Doctoral programs: Up to 48 months after the starting date of the study program and according to the rules and internal regulations of each program.
The following subjects are available to study under this Brazil Scholarships Program PAEC OAS.
- All Subjects
During studies in Brazil, each scholarship recipient will receive the following benefits:
- Exemption of tuition and monthly or annual academic fees, related to the costs of the graduate program at the host university, for which the scholarship recipient is selected.
- Subsistence scholarship:
- Master’s: Monthly stipends, using as reference the amount paid by the Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Level Personnel (CAPES), as the minimum amount, to Brazilian students who are enrolled in master’s studies in Brazil, under the responsibility of the host university, throughout the regular study period, for up to a maximum of 24 months, according to the Table of Master’s Programs.
- Doctorate: Monthly stipends, using as reference the amount paid by the Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Level Personnel (CAPES), as the minimum amount, to Brazilian students who are enrolled in doctoral studies in Brazil, under the responsibility of the host university, throughout the regular study period, for up to a maximum of 48 months, according to the Table of Doctoral Programs.
- A US$1,200 (one-thousand two-hundred US Dollars) one-time allowance to help students defray their moving expenses paid in Brazilian Reais, according to the official exchange rate on the day the GS/OAS transfers the amount of the stipend to the GCUB. This benefit will be awarded to each of the top 152 selected candidates, according to the criteria established for the evaluation in item 5c. The limit established in subsection c (mentioned above) may be adjusted depending on the availability of funds, in order to support a larger number of selected applicants.
International students are eligible for these fully funded scholarships in Brazil.
- The scholarship application should be completed individually and may be submitted in Portuguese, English, French, or Spanish.
- The student cannot receive another academic scholarship from the OAS, PAHO, or any Brazilian institution for the same level of studies as the PAEC OAS-GCUB Scholarships Program 2022.
- Hold citizenship or permanent residency of any of the OAS Member States, except Brazil5;
- Not be an OAS or PAHO officer or possess any type of contract with the OAS or PAHO, at the time of application. Representatives of the Permanent Missions to the OAS and their immediate families will not be considered for a PAEC OAS-GCUB Scholarships Program 2022
- Be in good health (physical and mental) to undertake and successfully conclude graduate studies.
- Secure additional financial resources to assume the expenses not covered by this scholarship (i.e., airfare, visa fees, international medical insurance for the entire duration of studies, and additional living expenses that exceed the amounts described in numeral 2.1.b).
- Applicants must indicate the degree for which they are applying, be it a Master’s or a Doctorate.
- Each student must apply to three Master’s or Doctoral programs from different universities; it is mandatory that each of these universities is located in three different regions of Brazil.
- The presentation of the applicant’s relevant diploma/s is mandatory for all applicants. In the case of doctoral candidates, the student must verify if the program of study requires a master’s diploma in order to qualify.
- For Master’s candidates: Diploma or certificate of completion of studies, or declaration from the university that certifies the completion of studies carried out (undergraduate or bachelor’s degree).
- For Doctorate candidates: Diploma, certificate of completion of university studies: bachelor’s or Master’s degree, for doctoral candidates, if applicable.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from university professors or other professionals of renowned academic or work expertise.
- For each of the three programs of study options chosen, the candidate will have to submit two essays in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, French, or Portuguese.
- – Specifications: Font type and size: Times New Roman, No 12; line spacing: 1.5 cm; top, bottom, right, and left margins: 2.5 cm.
- – Especificaciones: Times New Roman, No 12, espacio entre líneas de 1.5 cm; y margen superior, inferior, derecha e izquierda de 2.5 cm.