Over 500+ Fully Funded Chinese University Scholarships opportunities at Peking University are open to international students. See the full application process.
- Fully Funded
- Peking University
- Masters, Postgraduate
- All Subjects
- International Students
The Yenching Academy annually enrols approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
500+ Chinese University Fully Funded Scholarships 2023 – Peking University is available to undertake Masters, and Postgraduate level programs at Peking University.
Available Subjects for Chinese University Scholarships:
The following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
The Yenching Academy provides a generous fellowship to all scholars, including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- One round-trip travel fare
- Field study costs
International students from all nationalities are eligible.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2023,*;
- An outstanding academic record
- Strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
*Peking University does not allow students to be enrolled in other degree programs whilst studying at the university.
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- ○ IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- ○ TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- ○ Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- ○ CET 6: Overall 600
- ○ TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
* Native English speakers and alumni of an English-taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
* TOEFL and IELTS English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2021. Currently, we do not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores, TOEFL iBT Home Edition, or IELTS Indicator tests.
* Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations. Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
More details will be available through the admissions portal once the applicant has created an account.