Elizabeth Buckland Memorial Scholarships are now open to both Canadian and international students who wish to pursue a degree in Canada. The scholarship program will go to all international students enrolled full time in the MA-PCD program.
NOTE: The requirements include submitting an essay of 500 words, outlining proven leadership qualities, and projecting plans upon graduation from the program.
The Canadian Mennonite University is the institution providing this scholarship and is valued at $1,000 to the winning candidates.
Canadian Mennonite University, CMU is an innovative Christian university, rooted in the Anabaptist faith tradition, moved and transformed by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Through teaching, research, and service CMU inspires and equips women and men for lives of service, leadership, and reconciliation in church and society.
At CMU ‘service, leadership and reconciliation’ are personal and communal learning outcomes that are encountered within academic, personal and interpersonal, theological, artistic, physical, and environmental contexts. Education involves “building understandings” in ways that are about relationships as much as knowledge, for the sake of enabling us to see, engage, and share in a world that is as wondrous as it is strained, and that ever calls for our best care and innovative capacities.
Convictions regarding integrity in life and faith alongside the integration of knowledge, action, and community wisdom lie at the heart of CMU’s educational vision. CMU’s self-understanding as a church-related university is grounded in relationships of trust and in commitments to ongoing, open dialogue, and inquiry.
Eligibility criteria for the Elizabeth Buckland Memorial Scholarships
- Applicants must be an international student enrolled full-time in the MA-PCD program.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English Language.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum scores are 550 for the paper-based TOEFL, 213 for the computer-based TOEFL, and 80 for the Internet-based TOEFL.
- Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTest): Minimum scores are 4.5 in reading and listening and 4.0 in speaking and writing.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Min. score of 6.5 based on the Academic Training track.
- Students may take the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) to demonstrate their English language proficiency. PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language proficiency test designed to measure reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills used in an academic setting. Canadian Mennonite University requires a minimum score of 59 on PTE Academic.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: MA-PCD program
Value of Award: $1,000
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Method of Application: Applicants are required to apply for the MA-PCD program at the Canadian Mennonite University.
The application deadline for Elizabeth Buckland Memorial Scholarships for International Students is as follows
- Canadian Citizens: May 31.
- International Students: June 30, 2022