- Fully Funded
- India Universities
- PhD, Fellowship
- Information Technology
- ASEAN member country
Fully Funded Government Of India PhD Fellowships For ASEAN 2023 is open to ASEAN countries to apply for PhD fellowships.
Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN
The internationally renowned Institutions in technical education, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are inviting scholars from ASEAN countries to apply for PhD fellowships to strengthen the deep and historical relations between India and ASEAN.
The institution thrives for its quality education and strict selection criteria. When selected, you will be able to complete your PhD with funding from the Government of India. The funding includes a monthly stipend and an annual research grant for up to 5 years of their PhD program.
Why do a PhD in India (at IITs)
India has a strong focus on science and technology with vast research and development infrastructure. It’s the third-largest scientific and technical manpower pool with many world-class, internationally ranked universities awarding more than 40,000 doctorates annually. A nation of immense diversity which is reflected in its rich culture and heritage.
- IITs impart world-class education and conduct research in the relevant fields and further advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge.
- Offering high-quality education and research with a chance to immerse oneself in the stimulating diversity of culture, language, religion, art, architecture, literature, music and dance that can equally boast of an unparalleled civilizational heritage and a modern global outlook.
Here are a few reasons to consider doing PhD in India (at IITs)
- Provide cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research in science and technology
- Outstanding research facilities
- Better career prospects
- Low costs and high standard of living
- Provide students opportunities to grow culturally as well as academically
Government of India Fully Funded PhD fellowships for ASEAN 2023 are available to undertake PhD, Fellowship level programs at India Universities.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Information Technology
- Duration is 5 Years The maximum term for each fellowship is of 5 years
- INR 31,000/- You will receive a monthly stipend – INR 31,000/- for the first two years, INR 35,000/- for the next three years
- INR 170,000/- Study grant up to INR 170,000/- is provided for research expenses such as travel, books, contingency expenses
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
Criteria for SelectionDefault Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN Academic score Requirement = 6/10 or 60% (calculated proportionally for other scales)Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN English Test Requirement: No English Language Certification RequirementMinimum No. of Recommendation letters: 2 recommendation letters
Applicants may apply online at https://ecampus.iitd.ac.in/ASEAN/login on our portal.
Apply online on our portal select the IITs you prefer and the specific programme/area during the online application each IIT you apply to follows their admission process consisting of an application screening, shortlisting, and possible online interview the final consolidated results based on the preferences in your application are reported on this portal
How to Apply
Satisfying the eligibility criteria guarantees neither interview nor admission. For additional eligibility criteria on Fully Funded Government Of India PhD Fellowships For ASEAN 2023 is open to ASEAN countries to apply for PhD fellowships, please check the individual IIT’s preview page under the “Explore IITs” tab.