Good news! Applications for the Fully Funded Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2022 are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail the Fully Funded Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, its benefits and step by step application process.
About Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is a fully funded master’s scholarship for international students. For short is called JJ/WBGSP scholarship. The scholarship program will cover the full tuition fee, accommodation, economy class air travel and monthly living stipend.
World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (WBGSP) is open to both women and men from developing nations with relevant professional experience and a history of contributing to their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master’s degree program in a development-related topic.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) offers scholarships for 26 Participating Programs at universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
Please know that you are not eligible for a JJWBGSP Scholarship if you are not admitted to one of these programs. Developing nation students are committed to moving to their home country to use their fresh abilities and add to the cultural and economic development of their nations after graduating.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find the available masters opportunities
- Program Period: 2 years
Fully Funded Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Scholarship Coverage
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Courses that do not meet the minimum credits required to earn the graduate degree;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
- Resident permit fee
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
To be eligible for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications open. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; *Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
How to Apply for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program online?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- ou must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Program(s). Inquiries on how to submit an admissions application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
- Create an account on the scholarship website from here.
To know more about The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, please visit the official website:
- Stanbic IBTC Scholarship Application for JAMB Candidates [Total Value of N40 Million]
- Maltina Teacher of the Year 2021 Award- How to Apply
- IBPLC Kickstart Nigeria 2021 for Young Entrepreneurs
- LEAP Africa Graduate NYSC Internship Programme 2021 for Young Nigerians
- Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2021 | Fully Funded to Study in UK
- Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2021 for Graduate Students | Up to USD $30,000 Reward
- World Bank Group and Financial Times Joint Global Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2021
- Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students [ Up to N125,000 in Cash Prizes]
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for African Entrepreneurs [Seed funding of $5,000 in Capital]
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2021 for Senior Secondary School Students [ Up to N100,000 in Cash Prizes]