IELTS Registration guideline – See the step by step involve in registering for IELTS.[sharethis-inline-buttons]
What is IELTS?
IELTS is abbreviation for International English Language Testing System is an English language exam that is required to be taken by international candidates considering working or studying in a country where English is the main language of communication.
Some of the popular countries where IELTS is accepted for university admissions are the UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, and Canada. IELTS is mainly use to measures the ability of test-takers to communicate in the four basic English language skills – listening, reading, speaking, and writing. IELTS exam is jointly owned and conducted by IDP Education Australia, British Council, and Cambridge English Language Assessment. It is accepted in more than 3,400 institutions in the US and thousands of institutions in English speaking countries.
Over the year there have been some recent update on IELTS exams around the world. Below are some of their changes.
IELTS Test Fee Update: IELTS Test fee is being revised to $ 191.63 (check exchange rate for your country) for registrations from 1st-April-2020.
CORONAVIRUS ALERT: IELTS Partners has also launched the IELTS Indicator, an online English language test for students who are affected by the COVID-19 and are not able to attend the IELTS test centre. The IELTS Indicator will assess the student’s English language skills in Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. The new structure will enable students take the test online from their homes.
2021 IELTS Registration Guideline
International English Language Testing System, IELTS test registration is conducted through British Council. The IELTS registration can be done in two ways:
- IELTS Online
- IELTS Offline
Interested candidates can take the IELTS exam 4 times a month that adds to 48 fixed dates every year. IELTS exam can be rescheduled and retaken as well, though the complete fee of $ 191.63 (check exchange rate for your country) needs to be paid for the second factor.
Check Also: How to Prepare for IELTS
All you Need to Know About IELTS Online Registration
- IELTS fee varies across countries. In USA, the exam fee is $ 191.63.
- Candidates can register for the IELTS exam via online or offline modes.
- IELTS can be taken either in a paper-delivered format OR in computer delivery format.
- Candidates can book their tests even 24 hours prior to the exam but in that case, the candidate may have the possibility of not getting the preferred slot of the day
We therefore advice candidates that which to be a part of this exam to book a slot for IELTS earlier this will be a better plan since the IELTS registration status processing also takes time. It is also recommended to book the IELTS registration USA or for other countries at least 3-4 months before the application deadline of the university.
Below are two IELTS registration methods followed by IDP and British Council,
Interested candidates should chose the method best for them:
Candidates can register through British Council for British council IELTS at the officially website ielts.britishcouncil.org;
IELTS Online Registration
If we are to recommended a method for you we will advise that you go for the online method as since it consumes less time wish is in three steps: Registering, selecting the preferred date and location, and ultimately paying the fee.
Check IELTS Centers
Step 1: Filling Basic Details
The first step of the IELTS application involves the selection of country, disability arrangement requirement and month.
Now that you have selected the above the next thing is for you to select a date and country and module (Academic or General Training).
Step 2: Registering
In this stage candidates will come across the registration box where they need to fill in the mandatory details like email id, date of birth, and name. (PLEASE BECAREFUL NOT TO MAKE ANY ERROR)
The next stage you will see will be the personal details section where they need to fill in their country, postal code, address, mobile number, and more.
Step: 3: Uploading ID Proof
The next step will require the candidate to upload the required document – Passport
- You must present the identification document used for this registration on the test date.
- Please make sure the identification document details is the same as the identification document presented on the test day. n
Step 5: Filling Information about Nationality, Education, Occupation
In this step you are to fill your nationality and other details
Step: 6: Reviewing Application
In this step, candidates need to carefully review the details one last time before finally making the IELTS fee payment. They will confirm the IELTS test date, center, module, and city.
Step: 7: Payment of IELTS Exam fees
This is the final step, in this candidates will pay the IELTS registration fee. After the payment has been made, they will print the acknowledgment receipt.
IELTS Indicator Registration
The IELTS Indicator is a product of the conducting bodies of IELTS that enables at-home exams during the Covid 19 pandemic. The process to register for the IELTS indicator is simple and very similar to the regular IELTS exam. Below are the steps to register for IELTS Indicator:
- Create an account
- Open the IELTS Indicator sites and head to the Registration page
- Choose your country
- Then you will notice the IELTS exam date available for listening, reading, and writing sections
- When selected, the date and the test starting time will be displayed
- Then you will need to select the speaking date which will not be on the same day as the other 3 sections
- Candidates need to select the speaking test time.
- Then pay the IELTS fee of $191.63
IELTS Exam Fee 2021
Registration fees for the IELTS exam can also be paid either online or offline mode. IELTS fee varies across countries due to the rate of currencies. For USA registration, the IELTS registration fee is $191.63. The fee payment process is discussed below. Please note that IELTS has a set fee for its test. The Academic and General Training tests are the same cost. When you apply online, you will be told the fee.”
Mode of Payment of IELTS Exam Fee
The payment for IELTS aspirants are done either of this three methods:
- Credit/Debit card (Master or Visa) and net banking;
- Demand Draft: The fee needs to be drawn in favor of “IDP EDUCATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED.
- Bank transfer: Pay by cash at either any bank branches with the help of a customized deposit slip that can be downloaded from British Council’s website.
IELTS exam fee for registration can be paid either via online (credit card) or offline payment options.
Rescheduling for IELTS exam
If in any case you wish to cancel you registration. Candidates must keep in mind the amount of cancellation fee that will be charged depending on the duration left for the test taken.
- Full test fee will be charged if cancellation happens within 5 weeks of the test date
- Transfer of registration fee will be granted only if the applicant manages to produce appropriate medical evidence within 5days of the test date
- Candidate must fill out “Request for Postponement or Cancellation” form if needs to apply for cancellation or postponement of the test date
- After filling out the form, the candidate will have to send it via post or courier to the following address
- The form must be sent 5 weeks before IELTS test date
- Any form received after the deadline will be accepted but the registration fee will not be transferred.
- A cancellation fee will also be charged while processing a cancellation request
Cancellation of IELTS Exam
- The cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund of the application fee
- It takes 2 weeks to process cancellation request made by the candidate
- In case of refund for online payment, the amount will be transferred to the original card from where payment is initiated
- Candidates must attach the original payment receipt of the test fee along with the form.
- If a candidate cancels it prior five-week before the test date, then a refund will be initiated after deducting 25% of the administration fee of the test fee.
- It will take 4-6 weeks to process the amount.
Postponement of IELTS Registration Date
If a candidate wishes to postpone the IELTS date to a later time for reason best known to him or her, then it is necessary to request a change in date 5 weeks prior to the exam date. For the postponement of the exam date, the candidate will not be charged any fee. If postponement happens due to medical issues, the candidate needs to submit medical evidence.
IELTS Offline Registration
The IELTS offline registration can be done by person or courier too.
IELTS Registration by Person:
Besides the above-mentioned online mode, candidates can also opt for offline mode to register for the IELTS exam. Candidates can head to the IDP branch. The application form for the offline process can be downloaded from the official site. Registration forms are also available on either IDP or British Council website as well. Fill out the form correctly and send it to the nearest test center along with the fee.
The candidate has to follow each method prominently to register for the IELTS exam in offline mode.
- Take a print out of the form and fill up necessary details correctly
- Visit the official website to find out available dates for the exam. Choose a test date after availability
- Make payment for the IELTS exam fee either via cash or by demand draft
IELTS Documents Required for Registration
Before registering for IELTS, test-takers should have a clear idea between the IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training exams and the main objectives behind both of them.
Find out the enclosures to be sent for those who have registered online and make payment by Cash or Demand Draft below:
- Copy of IELTS test application acknowledgement received after registering online
- Proof of fee payment made either via demand draft or “British Council Copy” of ICICI bank payment slip
A candidate who makes an offline application for the IELTS exam and makes fee payment via Cash or Demand Draft has to send the following details
- Complete IELTS application form
- Proof of fee payment made either via demand draft or “British Council Copy” of ICICI bank payment slip
|Personal Information||Name of the candidate; Email address; Date of Birth; Address; Phone number; Gender|
|Identification Proof||Identity document; Identity proof number|
|Nation related information||Code and name of the country; Nationality Code and name of first language|
|Occupational details||Occupation sector; Occupation level|
|Educational Qualification||Level of education; Number of years studying English; Current studying level on English|
|Reason for IELTS||For Higher Education or for Employment purpose|
|Important dates||Declaration; Signature; date|
For occupational details, candidates have to fill up other occupational sectors along with code. Below the table is given along with code:
|Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry, Mining||02|
|Arts and Entertainment||03|
|Banking and Finance||04|
|Catering and Leisure||05|
|Craft and design||07|
|Health and Social Services||09|
|Installation, Maintenance and Repair Services||10|
|Law and Legal Services||11|
|Manufacturing and Assembly Industries||12|
|Technical and Scientific||15|
|Telecommunications and Media||16|
Along with the occupational sector, the candidate has to fill up an occupational level as well with code
|Employee (Senior level)||3|
|Employee (Middle or Junior level)||4|
|Worker in home||5|
You may want to check IELTS FAQ page on the official website for more details