Applications for International Mathematical Union (IMU) Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program are currently open for international students. In this article, we will explain in detail what IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program is about, its benefits and step by step application process.
About International Mathematical Union (IMU) Program
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowships 2022-2023 offer fully-funded PhD awards for students from abroad. International Mathematical Union Scholarship value is at a maximum of USD 10,000 per year. It will include tuition fees and accommodation costs, as well as travel and living costs.
Professional mathematicians around the world are called to nominate highly motivated and mathematically talented students from developing countries who plan to complete a doctoral degree in a developing country, including their own home country.
Nominees from this country must have a consistently good academic record and must be seriously interested in pursuing a career in research and teaching mathematics.
It is the hope of the donors, that the International Mathematical Union fellowship to help educate the next generation of mathematicians and hopefully results in extended benefits to the home countries of those chosen for the fellowships.
Also, Apply for the Work and Study in Canada Program 2022-2023
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): International Mathematical Union
- Study in: Any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Mathematics
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program value is up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year can be covered by the grant:
- Full tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country)
- Basic living expenses will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study for his/ her doctoral program
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
To qualify for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, the candidate must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Students cannot apply themselves for the fellowship.
- Professional mathematicians (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students). It is preferable that the nominator has been mentoring the nominee.
- The student must be a resident and a citizen of a developing country.
- The student must either be pre-accepted to join a doctoral program in the first academic year after the time of selection in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country or already be enrolled in a doctoral program in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country.
- There is no age limit for the student.
- Nomination for women students is strongly encouraged.
- The fellowship will be sanctioned for one year at a time and is renewable annually, based on satisfactory progress of the awardee and will cease to be awarded when the awardee completes the doctoral program or at the end of four years, whichever is earlier.
How to Apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program:
(1) Register on the International Mathematical Union Platform from here.
(2) Fill in the Online Application Form from here.
Prepare the materials required for the selection process: (Only files in PDF format can be uploaded.)
- Statement from nominator
- Scanned copy of student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance in the PhD Program.
- Budget of total expenses requested.
- PhD Supervisor CV.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation which both cannot come from the nominator.
- Transcripts of coursework (certified copies (e.g. stamped by the university)) of the student:
A) BSc degree or equivalent.
B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project and future plans of the student.
- Nominator declaration.
- PhD Supervisor declaration.
- Nominee (student) declaration.
To know more about IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program, please visit the official website:
- Boom & Bucket’s Student Scholarship Program
- Fully Funded Google PhD Fellowship Program 2022 – 2023
- George Moore Scholarships for Canadians, US And Mexico Students – Queen’s University Belfast
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship at the University Of Toronto Canada
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students 2023/2024
- University Of Calgary Canada International Scholarship 2023
- University of Lethbridge Scholarship for International Students – Fully Funded
- University of Guelph Commonwealth Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Education Student Scholarships at St. Mary’s University – Fully Funded
- Fully Funded Goodman Entrance Scholarships 2022 at Brock University