JAMB syllabus for Economics [PDF] is out- The Economics Syllabus from JAMB is an official document that contains detailed information and guides on the topics you are expected to cover in Economics for your UTME. This syllabus can also be used for the 2021 UTME syllabus. The Questions you are to answer on the examination day will be from these areas or topics below.
JAMB syllabus for Economics
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Economics is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts, tools and their general applications to economic analysis;
- Identify and explain the basic structures, operations and roles of the various economic units and institutions (national and international);
- Describe major economic activities – production, distribution and consumption;
- Identify and appraise the basic and current economic problems of society;
- Develop the competence to proffer solutions to economic problems identified.
- How to Create a JAMB Online Profile
- JAMB Brochure
- Free JAMB Past Questions Available Here
- JAMB UTME Registration – Instructions & Guidelines
JAMB Syllabus for Economics 2021 PDF
You can CLICK BUTTON to download the syllabus in pdf or continue reading it on this website.
- Aderinto, A.A et al. (1996) Economics: Exam Focus, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Black, J. (1997). Oxford Dictionary of Economics. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Eyiyere, D.O. (1980) Economics Made Easy, Benin City, Quality Publishers Ltd.
- Fajana, F. et al. (1999) Countdown to SSCE/JME Economics Ibadan: Evans
- Falodun, A.B. et al. (1997) Round-up Economics, Lagos: Longman
- Kountsoyiannis, A. (1979) Modern Microeconomics, London: Macmillan
- Lipsey, R.G. (1997) An Introduction to Positive Economics, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Samuelson, P and Nordhaus, W. (1989) Economics, Singapore: McGraw-Hill
- Udu E and Agu G.A. (2005) New System Economics: a Senior Secondary Course, Ibadan: Africana FIRST Publishers Ltd.
- Wannacott and Wannacott (1979) Economics, New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Brownson-oton Richard (2010) What is Micro-Economics? Niky Printing and Publishing coy.
- Brownson-oton Richard (2010) What is Macro-Economics? Niky Printing and Publishing coy.