JAMB syllabus for French [PDF] is out- The French Syllabus from JAMB is an official document that contains detailed information and guides on the topics you are expected to cover in French for your UTME. This syllabus can also be used for the 2021 UTME syllabus. The Questions you are to answer on the examination day will be from these areas or topics below.[sharethis-inline-buttons]
JAMB syllabus for French
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in French is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test candidates’ general ability to:
- Assess written comprehension in French;
- Apply the principles governing the structure and use of written French;
- Identify how French sounds work in speech production;
- Examine the culture of Francophone West Africa and France in relation (where possible) to the home country.
- How to Create a JAMB Online Profile
- JAMB Brochure
- Free JAMB Past Questions Available Here
- JAMB UTME Registration – Instructions & Guidelines
JAMB Syllabus for French 2021 PDF
You can CLICK BUTTON to download the syllabus in pdf or continue reading it on this website.
- A (i) Written Language
- Ajiboye, T. (2014) Companion to French Grammar (4thEdition): Ibadan: Cleavoketa books
- Ajiboye, T. (2012) Nouvel Horizon, Book 4, New Revised Edition, Ibadan: Bounty Press
- Hatier (1980) Le Nouveau Bescherelle: L’Art de Conjuguer, Ibadan: Spectrum Book Ltd.
- Maice, G et Merlo, G., (1998), Grammaire progressive du français ( Niveauintermediaire), Paris: Clé international.
- Mazauric,. C, et Sirejols, E. (2006) On y va! Book 3,Ibadan : Spectrun Books Ltd.
- Ojo, S. A.(2000) A Comprehensive Revision Handbook of French Grammar, Ibadan: Agoro Publishing Company.
Any other relevant materials on French Grammar.
- Ajiboye, T. (2010) An Introduction to Practice in Oral French, Ibadan: Bounty Press.
- Any other materials that emphasise oral practice.
- Culture of Francophone Countries
- Girod R and Grand-Clement, F. (1979) Comment vivent les Français, Paris: Hachette Mbuko, L. (2000) French Essays on Culture and Civilisation for Schools and Colleges,Ibadan: Bounty Press.
- Any other relevant materials, e.g. French newspapers, magazines, journals, and documents on Francophone life.
- Any good French/English or French dictionary.