JAMB syllabus for Government [PDF] is out- The Government Syllabus from JAMB is an official document that contains detailed information and guides on the topics you are expected to cover in Government for your UTME. The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Government is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination.[sharethis-inline-buttons]
JAMB syllabus for Government
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Government is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their knowledge in Government, with a view to determining their suitability for placement in institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
These objectives are to:
- Appreciate the meaning of government;
- Analyze the framework and specify the institutions of government;
- Appreciate the basic principles of democratic governance and their application in Nigeria;
- Explain the concept of citizenship and define the duties and obligations of a citizen;
- Appreciate the process of political development in Nigeria;
- Evaluate the political development and problems of governance in Nigeria;
- Understand the determinants and dynamics of foreign policy as it relates to Nigeria;
- Assess the role of Nigeria as a member of the international community and the workings of international organizations.
- How to Create a JAMB Online Profile
- JAMB Brochure
- Free JAMB Past Questions Available Here
- JAMB UTME Registration – Instructions & Guidelines
JAMB syllabus for Government 2021 PDF
You can CLICK BUTTON to download the syllabus in pdf or continue reading it on this website.
- Adigwe, F (1985) Essentials of Government for West Africa, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Anifowose, R and Enemuo, F. C (eds)(1999) Elements of Politics, Lagos; Malthouse Press Limited.
- Appadorai, A. (1978) The Substance of Politics, London: Oxford University Press.
- Ball, A. R. (1983) Modern Politics and Government, London: Macmillan.
- Ofoegbu, R. (1977) Government for the Certificate Year, London: George Allen and Unwin. Olawale, J. B (1987) New Topics on Ordinary Level Government, Ilesha: Jola Publishing.
- Oyediran, O. Nwosu, H., Takaya, B., Anifowoshe, R., Femi, B., Godwill, O. and Adigun, A. (1990) Government for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1, 2 and 3, Ibadan: Longman.
- Oyeneye, I., Onyenwenu, M. and Olusunde, B. E. (2000) Round-Up Government for Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination: A Complete Guide, Ibadan: Longman.
- Oyovbaire, S., Ogunna, A. E. C., Amucheazi, E. C., Coker, H. O. and Oshuntuyi, O. (2001) Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Government, Ibadan: Evans.