Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021 is now open for entries from students of Nigerian tertiary institutions. The deadline for Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition is 8th January 2021.
About Asido Foundation (AF)
The Asido Foundation (AF) is a not-for-profit charity organization that seeks to counter the ocean of ignorance around mental health by providing evidence – based information, and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities aimed at improving the mental health needs of the Nigerian population.
Undergraduate students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria are invited to submit essays on the topic: Stigma, Mental Health literacy and the Nigerian Youth.
Ms Jemila Abubakar was the pioneer Project Manager of the Asido Foundation. She was an awesome treasure to have. In terms of commitment, creativity, passion, a strong desire to help other human beings. Sadly, they lost her after a brief illness in July 2020. The Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive through an Annual Essay Competition for undergraduates of all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. The theme will always be on a topical mental health issue.
Eligible Candidate for the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition
- Open to students of Nigerian tertiary institutions only.
- Entries should range from 750 to a maximum of 1500 words.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Prizes
- 1st Place: N60,000
- 2nd Place: N40,000
- 3rd Place: N25,000
How to Enter Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2021
- Entries should range from 750 to maximum of 1500 words.
- Send your entry in word document format to [email protected]
- Kindly attach your passport photograph, evidence of studentship.
- And your certificate of having taken the unashamed2020 pledge.
- In the e-mail please include your name, school, course of study/level and your contact details.
See flyer for more details.