Juris Doctor Programme Admission Scholarship 2023 is open for International Students, Domestic Students. The scholarship allows Post Doctorate, PhD level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at the City University of Hong Kong. The deadline for the scholarship is Open.
- Partial Funding
- City University of Hong Kong
- Post Doctorate, PhD
- All Subjects
- International Students, Domestic Students
- Hong Kong
Juris Doctor Programme Admission Scholarship 2023 | City University of Hong Kong is available to undertake Post Doctorate, PhD level programs at the City University of Hong Kong.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
There shall be a maximum of 2 scholarships in each academic year. Each recipient will receive a scholarship of HK $50,000. The Scholarship shall be paid to the recipients in two instalments: in Semester A of Year One and Semester A of Year Two.
- All full-time Juris Doctor applicants (local,non-local and international) are eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- A Selection Committee will review applications, and then make a decision for awarding the Scholarship.
- The selection of recipients will be based on the consideration of relevant factors, primarily the academic achievements of applicants (i.e.academic performance in an undergraduate degree and/or a postgraduate degree).
CityU School of Law has established a scholarship from the Non-UGC Reserves for the new intakes of Master of Laws (LLM) programme, including the Chinese and Comparative Law Stream, International Economic Law Stream, Common Law Stream, Intellectual Property and Technology Law Stream, Corporate and Financial Law Stream, and General Stream. The following regulations shall apply to new intakes of 2022/23:
1. The Scholarship shall be known as the “School of Law Admission Scholarship for the Master of Laws Programme”.
2. There shall be a maximum of 3 scholarships, each to the value of HK$30,000 in 2022/23. The Scholarship shall be used to cover the University tuition fees directly.
3. Selection of recipients will be based on the consideration of relevant factors, primarily the academic achievements of applicants. Applicants may be invited to an interview.
4. The number of scholarships and the allocation of scholarships each year are left entirely at the discretion of the CityU School of Law.
5. To receive the Scholarship, a recipient must:
a) accept an admission offer, enrol in the LLM programme by paying all required fees and commence his/her study in Semester A of the given academic year; and
b) undertake an academic load of a minimum 6 credit units in his/her study in Semester A of the given academic year; and
c) maintain good academic standing in the entire study period of the LLM programme, complete the LLM programme and obtain an LLM degree within his/her maximum study period.
6. Failure by any recipient to comply with any condition specified in Regulation 5 will result in forfeiture of the Scholarship. CityU School of Law may also require a recipient in breach of Regulation 5 to repay the Scholarship in full to the Law School.