Apply for Leiden University Netherlands LUF-SVM Fund as an international student and get a grant worth €4000.
- Partial Funding
- Leiden University
- All Subjects
- International Students
The Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) is offering eight scholarships, via the Leiden University Fund (LUF), for master’s students writing a thesis related to the theme of packaging and the environmentFacultyArchaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian StudiesThe Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) and Leiden University Fund (LUF) are awarding eight scholarships for master thesis proposals containing novel ideas and high-impact project proposals related to the theme of ‘packaging and the environment’.
Important criteria are more user-friendly applications for consumers and a minimal environmental footprint as a result of innovative packaging design, prevention of packaging, new or different forms of reprocessing and/or creative ideas for the waste phase for instance. In short: Think ‘out of the box!
The LUF-SVM Fund was established by SVM to support students with innovative, unexpected and exceptional insights related to the topic of packaging and the environment to offer a platform for their ideas about finding the right balance between consumer convenience and environmental footprint.
Leiden University Netherlands LUF-SVM Fund is available to undertake Masters’s level programs at Leiden University.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
4000 euro per awardee. A total of eight scholarships will be awarded.
Nationals of all countries
You must be registered as a master’s student at Leiden University.
- The thesis must be completed within 12 months of receiving your LUF-SVM Fund award letter.
- After completion, you must present your thesis to a delegation of the Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) and the Leiden University Fund (LUF).
Submit the following documents by email to [email protected], mentioning LUF-SVM Fund in the subject line:
- A letter of motivation in which you explain why you believe your thesis proposal is worthy of a LUF/SVM fund scholarship.
- Your thesis proposal related to the theme of packaging and the environment which includes:
- either an analysis of technical foundation;
- creative and innovative ideas;
- a description of the intended contribution of your master’s thesis to the social discussion about packaging and the environment.
- A letter of recommendation written by your Leiden University thesis supervisor.
For further information contact Mariska Heijmen.