MOUAU postgraduate courses – Sequel to the release of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) Postgraduate form the management have released the list of accredited courses and requirement.
The authorities of the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) has advertised the following postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise.
MOUAU Postgraduate Courses
A. COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS, RURAL SOCIOLOGY AND EXTENSION (CAERSE)
(a) Department of Agricultural Economics
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. Agricultural Economics –Areas of specialization include:
- Agribusiness Management and Co-operatives
- Agricultural Finance
- Agricultural Project Management
- Agricultural Marketing
- Farm Management and Production Economics
- Agricultural Policy and Development
- Resource and Environmental Economics
(b) Department of Rural Sociology and Extension
The department offers programme leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development; M.Sc. and Ph.D in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development in the following specializations:
- Agricultural Extension Communication.
- Agricultural Extension Administration.
- Agricultural Extension Education.
- Rural Sociology and Development.
(c) Department of Agribusiness and Management.
The department offers Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degrees in Agribusiness and Financial Management with specialization in the following areas:
- Agribusiness and Entrepreneurship development
- Export Management
- Finance and Investment
- Cooperative Business Management
- Project Management
Entry Requirement for M.Sc. in Agribusiness and Management
- Five O’ level credit passes obtained from any recognized examination body in not more than two sittings with the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Agriculture or Biology and any other subject from Government/History/Civic education, Principles of Accounts, Christian Religious Knowledge, Geography, etc and a B.Sc. degree in Agribusiness and Management with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on 5-point scale or 2.50 on 4-point scale from a recognized University in or outside Nigeria.
- Agric. degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on 5-point scale or 2.50 on 4-point scale from a recognized University in or outside Nigeria.
Entry Requirement for Ph.D. in Agribusiness and Management
- Candidates for the Ph.D. degree in Agribusiness and Management should meet the requirements for the M.Sc, degree plus a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on 5-point scale, 3.00 on a 4-point scale or 60% and above in the percentage scale.
B. COLLEGE OF APPLIED FOOD SCIENCES AND TOURISM
(a). Department of Food Science and Technology
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Food Science and Technology; M.Sc. and Ph.D. with the following specializations:
- Food Processing and Preservation.
- Food Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Food Quality Control and Assurance
- Food Engineering
In addition to general entry requirement for Postgraduate programmes, Department of Food Science and Technology requires O’level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(b). Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, M.Sc. and Ph.D. with the following options:
- Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Community/ Public Health Nutrition.
- Human and Experimental Nutrition.
(c). Department of Home Science/Hospitality Management and Tourism.
- Home Science
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Home Science; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Home Management.
- Clothing and Textiles.
- Child and Human Development
- Food and Nutrition
- Hospitality Management and Tourism
- PGD in Hospitality Management and Tourism; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Hospitality Management and Tourism with the following specializations in Ph.D
- Hospitality Management
- Tourism Management
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Home Science; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
C. COLLEGE OF ANIMAL SCIENCE AND ANIMAL PRODUCTION
(a). Department of Animal Breeding and Physiology.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Animal Breeding and Physiology; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Physiology
(b). Department of Animal Nutrition and Forage Science.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Animal Nutrition and Forage Science; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry.
- Forage Science and Range Management.
(c). Department of Animal Production and Livestock Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Animal Production and Management; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Poultry Production.
- Rabbit Production.
- Swine Production.
- Ruminant Production (Cattle, Sheep and Goat)
D. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
(a) Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
(b) Department of Agricultural/Home Science Education M.Ed. and Ph.D. in:
- Agricultural Education
- Home Science Education, Options in
- Home Management
- Human and Family Development
- Clothing and Textiles
(c) Department of Science Education M.Ed. and Ph.D. in
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Mathematics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Physics Education
- Integrated Science Education
(d) Department of Library and Information Science Education Postgraduate Diploma, MLIS and Ph.D. in:
- Library and Information Science
(e) Department of Adult and Continuing Education M.Ed. and Ph.D. in
- Administration of Adult Education
- Community development
- Social Welfare
- Industrial Education
- Communication Arts in Adult Education
- Extension and Distance Education
(f) Department of Curriculum Studies M.Ed. and Ph.D.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Technology
(g) Department of Psychology and Counselling M.Ed and Ph.D in the following options:
- Educational Psychology
- Guidance and Counselling
(h) Department of Educational Management
The three programmes offered in the Department are:
- M.Sc. (Ed) Business Education
- M.Sc. (M.Ed.) Economics Education
- M.Ed. Education Administration and Planning
(i) Department of Industrial Technology Education M.Ed. and Ph.D. in:
- Automobile Technology Education
- Building Technology Education
- Electrical/ Electronics Technology Education
- Metal Work Technology Education
- Woodwork Technology Education
E. COLLEGE OF CROP AND SOIL SCIENCES.
(a). Department of Agronomy.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Crop Production;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Horticulture M.Sc in:
- Crop Production and Physiology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics.
- Forage Agronomy
- Ph.D. in:
- Crop Production and Physiology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics
(b). Department of Plant Health Management.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Plant Health Management; M.Sc. in:
- Plant Pathology.
- Weed Science.
- Ph.D. in:
- Plant Pathology (Mycology).
- Plant Pathology (Nematology).
- Plant Pathology (Bacteriology)
- Weed Science.
- Applied Entomology.
(c). Department of Soil Science and Meteorology.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Soil Science and Meteorology; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Soil Survey and Land Use Planning.
- Soil Physics and Conservation.
- Soil Fertility and Fertilizer Technology.
- Soil Chemistry and Mineralogy.
* No Ph.D.Programme in Soil Survey and Land Use Planning.
F. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY.
(a). Department of Agricultural and Bio-resources Engineering.
Postgraduate Programmes in Agricultural and Bio-resources engineering: M.Eng. in the following specializations:
- Soil and Water Resources Engineering
- Farm Power and Machinery Engineering
- Bioprocess and Food Engineering
Ph.D in the following specializations:
- Farm Power and Machinery Engineering.
- Bio-Process and Food Engineering.
- Soil and Water Resource Engineering.
(b). Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Postgraduate Programmes in Mechanical Engineering; M.ENG and Ph.D. with options in:
- Energy and Power Engineering.
- Design and Production Engineering.
- Industrial and System Engineering.
(c). Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering; M.Eng and Ph.D. in
- Power/ Machines Option
(d) Department of Civil Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Civil Engineering M.Eng in
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
- Soil and Geotechnical Engineering
- Highway and Transportation Engineering
(e) Department of Chemical Engineering
- M.Eng. in:
- Chemical Engineering
G. COLLEGE OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
(a). Department of Forestry and Environmental Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Forestry and Environmental Management; M.Sc. and Ph.D in:
- Forest Ecology.
- Wildlife Ecology.
- Agroforestry and Forest Food Resources.
- Wood Technology and Forest Based Industries.
- Silviculture Techniques and Management.
- Seed Technology and Storage.
- Flower Production and Landscaping Techniques.
(b). Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Fisheries and Hydrobiology.
- Aquatic Pollution and Toxicology.
(c). Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Environmental Management and Toxicology.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Environmental Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Environmental Toxicology
H. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
(a). Department of Accounting.
- PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Accounting
(b). Department of Banking and Finance
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D. in Banking and Finance
(c). Department of Business Administration.
- PGD, MBA, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Five (5) credit passes including English, Mathematics and Economics at O’level, plus relevant Bachelors’ degree not lower than 3rd class or HND at Upper credit level and relevant professional qualifications.
- Relevant degree from recognized university with CGPA not less than 3.00 on 5-point scale and 2.80 on 4-point scale,
- Minimum of one year industrial/administrative experience,
- Candidates with PGD (Upper credit 3.50 upwards) may be considered for the admission.
- M.Sc.: Same as in (a) & (c) above, possession of MBA is an added advantage.
- is same as option (a) with CGPA of 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.50 on 4.00 scale or 60% or higher on a percentage in M.Sc. from management-related disciplines.
(d). Department of Economics.
- PGD in Economonics
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. in the following specializations
- International Economics
- Monetary Economics
- Finance and Public Sector Economics
- Development Economics
- Econometrics/ Quantitative Economics
- Economic Planning.
I. COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES
(a). Department of Biochemistry M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Biochemical Toxicology.
- Nutritional Biochemistry.
- Lipid Biochemistry.
- Medical Biochemistry
- Enzymology and Protein Chemistry
- Biochemical Pharmacology
- Industrial Biochemistry/Biochemistry
- Environmental Biochemistry
(b). Department of Microbiology M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Food Microbiology.
- Industrial Microbiology.
- Environmental Microbiology.
- Medical Microbiology
(c). Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics.
- Mycology/ Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology.
- Plant Cytogenetics and Biotechnology
- Phyto medicine/Ethno medicine
(d). Department of Zoology and Environmental Biology M.Sc. and Ph.D. in following specializations:
J. COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
(a). Department of Chemistry.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Environmental Chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry.
- Inorganic Chemistry.
(b). Department of Mathematics M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Pure and Applied Mathematics with specialization in the following areas:
(a) Applied Mathematics
- Fluid and Continuum Mechanics
- Optimization Theory and Computations
- Financial Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Mathematical Modeling
(b) Pure Mathematics
- Functional Analysis.
- Deferential Equation
(c). Department of Physics M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Theoretical Physics
- Solar Energy Physics
- Engineering Physics.
- Solid State Physics
(d). Department of Statistics.
- PGD in Statistics
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. with options in:
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Sampling Survey Theory and Methods
- Operations Research
K. COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
(a). Department of Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
- The Department offers PGD in: Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
(b). Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
M.V.Sc and Ph.D. with options in
- Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine
(c). Department of Veterinary Medicine
M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. Veterinary Medicine:
- Large Animals Medicine
- Small Animals Medicine
- Avian Medicine
- Fish Medicine
(d). Department of Veterinary Physiology, Pharmacology
M.V.Sc and Ph.D. in
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Animal Health and Production
(e) Department of Biochemistry and Animal Health and Production
- Companion Animal Production
- Equine Production
- Zoo and Wildlife Production
(f). Department of Veterinary Anatomy
- M.V.Sc. in Veterinary Anatomy
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Anatomy with the following options:
- Developmental Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy
(g). Department of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
- Soft Tissue Surgery
(h)Department of Theriogenology
- Andrology and Artificial insemination
- Mastitis and Udder Health Management
(i)Department of Veterinary Microbiology
- M.V.Sc. Pathobiology (Microbiology)
- Ph.D. Veterinary Microbiology
(j)Department of Pathology
- M.V.Sc. Pathobiology (Clinical Pathology)
- M.V.Sc. Pathobiology (Diagnostic Pathology)
If you have any question about MOUAU Postgraduate Courses, kindly use the comment session below.
MOUAU Portal at www.mouauportal.edu.ng