UNIBEN postgraduate courses – See University of Benin (UNIBEN) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s degree, Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes accredited courses.
The sequel to the release of UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission the management of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) has advertised the following postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise.
In this post we will show you the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master’s degree (M.Sc), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes. Before we show you the courses, please take note of the general admission requirements for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission below.
PAY ATTENTION TO: How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. Also, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Master’s programmes.
- Candidates who obtained a Master’s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil.programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the PhD in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the university’s postgraduate programme.
Transcripts: Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
List of UNIBEN Postgraduate Courses
If you can not view the above PDF file kindly use the button below to download PDF format in your phone.
UNIBEN PORTAL : www.uniben.edu | University of Benin
If you have any question about UNIBEN postgraduate courses, kindly use the comment box below.