- Full tuition fee
- University of Antwerp
- Governance and Development
- International Students
If you are fascinated about the process of state formation, state reconstruction, peace-building, and conflict resolution and you want to learn more about how the government at the local, national, regional, and international levels contributes to sustainable development then you have come to the right place. The institute of development (IOB) at the University of Antwerp brings together people who share the same concerns and interests. In this Masters’s programme you will get to know how things work and get an insight into the global development context in all its dimension. The master provides insights and tools to improve the impact of the global context on development and poverty.
Fully Funded Scholarships VLIR-UOS For Masters (ICP Connect), Masters Of Governance And Development 2023-24, Belgium, is available to undertake Masters level programs at the University of Antwerp.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Governance and Development
The IOB offers 10 full scholarships for each Advanced Master. The scholarships are funded by the Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS). The scholarship covers all expenses related to the studies. For detailed information please check the website of VLIR-UOS.
A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 29 eligible countries (nationality and country of residence not necessarily the same) at the time of the application. The place of residence of the applicant will be checked. Eligible countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroun, Cuba, DR Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guinee, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Palestina, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
- Age: The maximum age for an Advanced Master programme candidate is 45 years. (Age on 1 January of the intake year.)
- Professional background and experience: Candidates should preferably be employed in higher education, government or civil society, or should aim at a career in one of these sectors. However, candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience can also be eligible depending on their motivation and profile.
- Previously awarded scholarships: The candidate has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and/or was never enrolled in a Belgian higher education institution to attend a study programme.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year
Applications that successfully pass the academic selection are subsequently assessed by a joint selection commission of IOB and VLIR-UOS in order to select scholarship candidates. For each Master, 10 effective scholars and 10 substitute scholars will be selected.
The scholarship selection is based on the VLIR-UOS selection criteria: the IOB applies a gender and regional balance; professional experience is an important asset to award this scholarship and outstanding motivation is highly valued. Preference will be given to scholarship applicants who have never received a scholarship before.
For further details visit the given link below: