NABTEB Guidelines for Conduct of Exams- The authorities of National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) has published the guidelines for the preparation of schools for the conducts of its various examinations during the COVID-19 Pandemic in the country.
Following the directive by the Federal Government that students in exit classes should resume school, prepare and participate in public examinations, including the NBC/NTC examinations of NABTEB, the Examination Board considered it necessary to prepare this document in order to provide basic information on COVID-19 Pandemic as well as provide guidelines for her stakeholders to ensure that the Board’s examinations are conducted under safety environment.
However the National Common Entrance Examination is schedule to take place on Saturday, 3rd of October, 2020;
In compliance with the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Guidelines on COVID-19 for the conduct of Public Examinations in Nigeria and in line with Guidelines for Schools and Learning Facilities Reopening after COVID-19 Pandemic closures by the Federal Ministry of Education, the following are NABTEB Guidelines for Conduct of Exams:
- Display of sensitization posters in the school premises to create awareness on COVID-19 pandemic;
- Availability of running water, soap, alcohol-based sanitizer, infra-red thermometer in schools/examination centres;
- Compulsory wearing of Nose/Face Masks;
- Daily use of infrared thermometers at the entrance of schools/examination centres for candidates, staff, examination personnel and all other visitors to the school;
- Regular and thorough washing of hands with soap under running water or the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers at the school gate and the entrance of examination halls/classrooms;
- Maintenance of social/physical distancing with at least two (2) metres or six (6) feet apart for sitting arrangement which could necessitate the use of additional halls/classrooms;
- Prohibition of handshaking, hugging and face touching among candidates, teachers and examination personnel including security officials;
- Ensuring availability and use of adequate/well ventilated examination halls/classrooms;
- Maintenance of good sanitary habits and cleanliness in all the school toilets;
- Provision of First Aid Box;
- Availability of a separate classroom to be used as Isolation Room for candidates or examination personnel who show any of the COVID-19 symptoms while contact should be made to the nearest NCDC office;
- Establishment of COVID-19 Task Team in all schools to ensure compliance to the guidelines and keeping appropriate records of all health related cases;
- Ensuring daily fumigation/decontamination of examination halls/classrooms, laboratories workshops, library and other necessary places to ensure a safe and clean environment.
Wishing all of us a safe conduct and successful examination!
Insideschoolngr says PLEASE, STAY SAFE!