The NECO GCE Registration 2022 application form is now on sale! The form is for candidates not in the School system, i.e. Private Candidates. The cost of the NECO GCE 2022 registration fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) Only. See below for registration details, subjects and every other thing you need to have a hitch-free registration.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2022 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates (for candidates not in the School system, i.e. Private Candidates)The registration period begins on 17th August 2022 and ends on 14th November 2022 at midnight.
In this article we are going to be answering questions like;
Is NECO GCE form out for 2022? YES, NECO GCE form out for the 2022/2022 session is out.
How much is NECO GCE registration fee? The cost of the NECO GCE registration fee is N17,800
Note: Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system.
Recommended: NECO GCE Timetable.
NECO GCE Registration 2022 – General Information.
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.
NECO GCE Exam Centres:
The Examination centres for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
NECO GCE Available Subjects.
The SSCE External has Twenty-nine subjects as follows:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Isalamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature components.
Visually Impaired Candidates:
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
How to Apply for NECO GCE Registration 2022.
- The registration period begins on 17th August 2022 and ends on 14th November 2022 at midnight.
- Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (20,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) Only.
Stamp Duty: N50.00.
All payments should be made into the NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
Application for Registration:
The registration s both online and offline. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase a registration tokens and then proceed to the registration point to register.
- Passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTENT LAWS.
NECO SSCE External Registration Procedure for Cyber Cafes Agents.
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting operator.neco.gov.ng and clicking the Register Link in the Top Right Corner.
- Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you, Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit operator.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to login
- Download the Offline App: Once you have logged in successfully, you should be able to download the offline app from the dashboard.
- Activate the Offline App: Use your registered email address and password to activate the offline app. This is a one-time event.
- Register Candidates (s): Register Candidates by collecting candidate information including pictures, fingerprints, Subjects, passports e.t.c.
- Upload Records: Candidates are required to provide either exam or four-figure table tokens as proof of payment. Candidates can purchase tokens via their online accounts.
- Print Photo Card: Once our system verifies the candidates token, he/she will be issued a photocard with registration number, examination centre, and other details, you are done.
NB: Please note that the VERIFICATION LINK is only valid for 24 hours. Ensure to verify your account within the specified time.
NECO SSCE External Registration Procedure for candidates.
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
- Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to login
- Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful you will be issued exam and/or four-figure table token(s)
- Locate a Registration Point: To register, you have to visit any one of the approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
- Register Offline: Register by providing your information including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Print Your Photo-Card: Provide your token to upload your data, Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo-card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: In order to upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either have an online account or have it created for him/her by a cyber café Log in to the created account and purchase registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
SSCE External Registration Token
The Registration Token is used by candidates to register for the SSCE External Exam, either by themselves or through a Registration Point. Now, before a candidate can sit for the SSCE External Exam, they need to Purchase a Registration Token, a candidate can purchase his/her Registration Token from their accounts or go to the nearest Registration Point.
NECO GCE 2022 Attestation Photocards and Timetable.
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photocard, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
If you have any question about NECO GCE Registration 2022, kindly use the comment box below.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
NECO GCE PORTAL: neco.gov.ng | National Examinations Council : NECO