Nokia Scholarships are granted to individuals pursuing a doctoral degree in information or telecommunications technology or in clearly related supporting scientific disciplines. Scholarship can be granted for doctoral studies in a Finnish university or to a Finnish applicant for doctoral studies abroad.
Application Deadline: 22nd September 2022
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Finland
Eligibility: The applicant must receive a commitment statement from his/her principal supervisor, who must be a professor, docent, or senior scientist at the university at which the student is pursuing their degree. The statement must be submitted to the application database by the supervisor. The scholarship can be granted no more than two times to the same individual.
Accepted students can apply for a limited number of Nokia Scholarships of 3,000 euros which is intended to fast-progressing masters studies in System-on-Chip and Radio Frequency related courses in the curricula.
Nokia Scholarships Details
1. The scholarship is offered to the talented accepted applicants in the Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics, Wireless Communications and Engineering, and Sustainable and Autonomous Systems Master’s programme. (Please note that also applicants who are not required to pay tuition fees can apply for this scholarship!)
2. The amount of the scholarship is 3000 euros. It is paid in one instalment.
3. You must apply for the Scholarship on the same online application you use for applying to these programmes in Studyinfo (Application form open: January 4th – January 18th, 2023, 15:00/3pm UTC+2).
4. The application forms are evaluated based on the scholarship criteria. If needed, the applicants are invited to the interview.
5. The scholarships are awarded to the best applicants based on academic evaluation, especially in System-on-Chip and Radio Frequency related studies, and interest for SoC or RF related MSc studies and career path.
6. All the applicants will be informed about the scholarship decision at the latest by June 15, 2023.
7. The Nokia scholarship recipients are required to confirm the scholarship at the latest by July 14, 2023.
8. The scholarship is awarded to the next best applicant in queue in case of a scholarship cancellation.
9. The scholarship is conditional. The scholarship recipient must have paid the tuition fee (if liable to the tuition fee payment), accepted their study place and arrived in Oulu in September 2023.
10. The scholarship cannot be transferred to another year.
Number of scholarships: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship can be granted no more than two times to the same individual.
How to Apply: Nokia Scholarship Application