Nigeria Police Academy, POLAC Regular Course Application Form – This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the 8th Regular Course of degree programmes of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence on Monday13th April, ends on Sunday 5th July. Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
Nigeria Police Academy, POLAC Regular Course Application Form
How to Apply for POLAC Regular Course Application Form
- Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: www.polac.edu.ng in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
- The RRR code obtained should be Note Down and it can be used to make a payment of N3,500.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria or through the Remita Platform.
- Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB] as well as sit for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates must select the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as the first choice in the JAMB form.
- However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME score of 180 which is the Academy’s Cut-off mark in JAMB, and purchased the Academy online Application Form will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
Nigeria Police Academy [NPA] Entrance Exam Centres & Subjects
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download the Acknowledgement slip. Only candidates who meet the cut-off mark will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
Nigeria Police Academy Courses
Courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
a. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
History & International Studies
b. FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
c. FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of six (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings. All Candidates must also have a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical tests of fitness.
- SSCE STATEMENTS OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2016 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, will be Pencil and Paper-Based (PPB) and probably Computer Based Test (CBT) as the case may be. The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics. Other sections are to be selected according to the candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 8th of August 2020. Only candidates who meet the Academy’s cut-off mark of 180 in UTME and above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 21 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website. Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, current JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature.
Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website.
NATURE AND DURATION OF THE COURSE
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined Academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).