Top 20 Cheapest Universities in Nigeria- Below is a comprehensive list of the most affordable and cheapest federal universities (for first-year students) in Nigeria and their tuition fees. See the list of the Top 20 Cheapest Universities in Nigeria
You will agree with me that Education in Nigeria is very easy and is not in any way cheap. In spite of the expense universities in the country, there are still some that are relatively cheap. This is why we have a taken the liability to complied a comprehensive list of the most affordable and cheapest Federal, State, Private universities in Nigeria and their school fees.
In this article, we will be profounding answer to the following questions ask by students;
- Which university has the cheapest school fees?
- Which is the cheapest private university in Nigeria?
- Which university pays the highest school fees in Nigeria?
- Which university has the highest number of students in Nigeria?
List of Top 20 Cheapest Universities in Nigeria and Tuition Fee
Below is a comprehensive list of the Federal Universities in Nigeria and their average tuition fee per academic session.
Cheapest Federal Universities in Nigeria and their Tuition Fee:
- UNIBEN: N41,400 – N73,400
- UNILORIN: N15,000– N70,000
- UNILAG: N14,500 – N66,000
- UNIABUJA: N26,800 – N49,300
- UI: N14,000 – N85,800
- Federal University Of Agriculture (FUAM) : N32,000 – N34,000
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK) : N30,500 – N44,500
- University Of Calabar (UNICAL) : N32,000 – N43,250
- Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA): N14,400 – N52,000
- Usman Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK) : N23,800 – N54,800
- National Open University (NOUN) : N18,000 – N36,000
Cheapest State Universities in Nigeria and their Tuition Fee:
Also, below is a comprehensive list of the state universities in Nigeria and their average tuition fee per academic session.
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY (LASU) : ₦25,000 (fixed)
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY (AAUA) : ₦35,000 to ₦150,000
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY (NSUK) : ₦29,700 – ₦96,000 (D.E)
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY (TASU) : ₦37,000 to ₦50,000
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY (BSU) : ₦16,600 to ₦69,800
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY (AKSU) : ₦53,000 – N73,000
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY (KSU) : N57,000 – ₦100,000
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY (DELSU) : N31,000 – ₦85,000
- KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (KSUSTA): N27,500 – ₦87,000
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (LAUTECH): N45,000 – ₦150,000
Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Tuition Fees:
However, below is a list of the private universities in Nigeria with cheaper tuition fees. You should consider them if you can afford the amount.
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin: N203,000 – N573,000 ( Without Hostel Fees)
- Oduduwa University, Ile-Ife: N170,000 – N195,000
- Ajayi Crowther University : 162,000 – 782,000
- Obong University, Obong Ntak: N180,000 – N200,000
- Lead City University : N250,000 – N550,000
- Crescent University, Abeokuta : N283,000 – N1,000,000
- Rhema University, Aba: N432,000 – N464,000
- Adeleke University: N558,300 – N867,000
- Babcock University, Alishan Remo: N263,000 – N568,000
- Fountain University : N288,000 – N440,500
DISCLAIMER: Please take note that this article only takes cognizance of what the school fees are at the time of writing. If there are already changes to the school fees, please understand and if possible, leave a comment indicating the changes, so that this page can be updated.
This list of cheapest universities in Nigeria is to serve as a guide to a student seeking admission in the universities in Nigeria. We enjoin aspirants to choose the university they can afford.
Recommended: All University School tuition fee