Tuition Fees and Scholarships For International Applicants 2023 is open for International Students. See the application process below.
The scholarship allows Bachelor, Masters’ level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at University of Oulu . The deadline for the scholarship is 25 Jan 2023.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships For International Applicants 2023 are being offered by The University of Oulu. The University of Oulu International Scholarship Plan provides different scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the University of Oulu. Tuition fees and scholarships depend on the programme in question. Applicants can apply for the scholarships on the online application as part of the admissions process. The application deadline is 25th January, 2023.
The University of Oulu is one of the largest universities in Finland, located in the city of Oulu. It was founded on July 8, 1958. The university has around 13,000 students and 2,900 staff. 21 International Master’s Programmes are offered at the university.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships For International Applicants 2023 is available to undertake Bachelor, Masters level programs at University of Oulu.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Tuition fees concern degree students who start their studies in English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes on or later than August 1st, 2018 and who are not citizens of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland. The tuition fee is an academic fee and thus covers the costs of tuition. The tuition fee does not cover living costs such as accommodation, meals, and transportation. All students are required to finance their living costs by themselves.
This scholarship is open to international students.
Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu Scholarship 2023-2024 if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee. The scholarship application will be processed only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria. University of Oulu Scholarship can be received only once.
Citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland
Citizens of European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland studying in an international Bachelor’s and Master’s Programme at the University of Oulu are not required to pay tuition fees.
Admissions and scholarship decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International study programme is confirmed. The selection criteria for the University of Oulu Scholarship are based on previous academic performance and academic potential.
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries
Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland are liable to pay the tuition fee.
Exceptions to this general rule are students who
- are equivalent to an EU citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- have a continuous or permanent residence permit card in Finland ( type A or P permit) Please note that from the Spring of 2022 onward the legislation has changed and new students applying for student visas will receive continuous residence permit A based on their study place. This permit, however, will not give an exception to the tuition fees.
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (type P-EU permit)
- are a family member (spouse or child) of an EU/EEA citizen in Finland and who have a residence card for non-EU family members of EU citizens in Finland
- have an EU blue card in Finland
From 2022 onward, UK citizens residing in Finland as well as their family members should hold the right of residence under the withdrawal agreement (Brexit permit) in order to be exempted from the tuition fee. The permit must be granted by Finnish Immigration Services.
Applicants who are UK citizens and do not hold right of residence under the withdrawal agreement are required to pay the tuition fee. There are scholarships available.
- Fill in an online application at www.studyinfo.fi during the application period January 4-18, 2023.
- Upload scanned copies of your educational documents, proof of language skills, and program-specific attachments to the online application.
- If you have graduated from an educational institution in Finland, please make sure that the Studyinfo registry has your updated schooling information.
- The documents you upload to your application will be used to evaluate your eligibility for the degree programme.
- Invitations to possible entrance examinations are sent to all invited applicants by email.
- The results of student selection will be published in Spring 2023.
- Make sure you meet the deadline for document verification! If you do not verify your educational documents and proof of language skills by April 28th, your study place will be canceled.
- Remember to pay your tuition fee (if applicable) and accept your study place.