UBA Recruitment 2020 Application Form Portal -How to Apply-This is to inform you of the United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions listed below.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Currency Trader at United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Job Title: Currency Trader
- Monitor global currency markets for price movements.
- Monitor and analyse developments in the external environment and their implications on third currencies to facilitate trading decisions.
- Evaluate technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
- Seal and cover trade at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Reconcile trades booked with platform blotter to ensure accuracy of information captured.
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Build a trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Generate Daily Settlement for back-office (Treasury Ops FCY) by end of day for settlement
- Daily generation of trade blotter for submission to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
- Prepare EOM blotter and income statement for signoff by the Group Treasurer, Internal Control and Performance Management.
- Conduct market intelligence into third currencies activities and provide market commentary and views for the Treasury newsletter.
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for the adequacy of the content.
- Liaise with other market participants; implement market development initiatives.
- Generate reports for relevant stakeholders
- Generate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Head – Subsidiary Governance
- Monitor the activities of Company Secretaries in the various Anglophone Subsidiaries.
- Maintain appropriate enterprise-wide Subsidiary governance policies.
- Promote best practices of corporate governance in the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Take custodianship of corporate governance portfolio for the various subsidiaries.
- Provide support to Directors of subsidiaries on governance issues.
- Prepare and administer the corporate calendar for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Standardize board packs and reporting formats for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Ensure the integration of subsidiaries added through acquisitions.
- Assist with the implementation of structured changes & initiatives affecting the subsidiaries.
- Promote accountability of all Board Members and Management across the Group to Shareholders through improved transparency and disclosure
- Create a center of excellence for Subsidiary Governance.
- to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
Required Knowledge and skills
- Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services
- In-depth knowledge of the organizational structure and corporate governance best practices.
- Knowledge of International law
- Project management knowledge,
- Strong interpersonal relationship and human capital management skills
- Excellent communication and interviewing skill
- Attention to details
- Bi-lingual i.e. speak fluent English plus any other African official language.
Remuneration & Benefits
Your pay is negotiable. We offer an attractive benefits package that is highly competitive.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Treasury Sales Officer
- Increase sales of treasury products, ensuring profitability, while creating value and achieve market dominance in line with the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Track and analyze developments in the external environment and their implications on foreign currencies and securities to facilitate sales decisions.
- Ensure compliance with approved trader’s limit and daily open position limit.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for customers.
- Source for key players in the industry in order to get a share of wallet of their business.
- Reconcile transactions booked to ensure accuracy of information captured on the blotter.
- Capture all transactions processed bank-wide on FX blotter.
- Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of foreign exchange market and operations
- Ability to interpret customer business needs, operational requirements with demonstrable ability to crunch numbers
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Projects and Power BI)
- Customer relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills.
- Risk awareness, passion for excellence and attention to detail
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Social Media and Tech Savvy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit the UBA Recruitment application portal to apply online via https://www.ubagroup.com/about-uba/careers/recruitment/
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://www.ubagroup.com/about-uba/careers/recruitment/” ]
If you need any assistance from us, kindly use the comment section below we will glad to help.