UPTH Post-Basic Nursing Form: University of Port-Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) Post-Basic Nursing Form.The
University of Port-Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) is now selling forms for admission into its post-basic nursing programmes.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the 12-month Past-Basic Diploma Programme in Paediatric and Accident & Emergency Nursing at the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), Port Harcourt.
Admission Requirements For UPTH Post-Basic Nursing
- Applicants for admission into the programmes must possess the following: SSCE with 5 credits in not more than two sittings. These must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology (not Health Science) physics and chemistry. A combination of NECO and WAEC is acceptable.
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with a minimum of 1 year post-qualification experience.
- B.NSc with a PGDE is an added advantage.
Selection of candidates will be based on academic qualification and performance at the entrance examination and oral interview.
How to Apply For UPTH Post-Basic Nursing
Interested and qualified candidates should pay a non-refundable fee of N10,000:00 (Ten thousand naira) only to:
- Sterling Bank (UPTH Branch) A/C No.: 0008832930 for Paediatric Programme and
- Sterling Bank (UPTH Branch) A/C No.: 0029875947 for Accident & Emergency Programme
Present the teller to the School Bursar, for the issuance of an official receipt, and on presentation of evidence of such payment, obtain an application form from the Administration Office of the School of either Post Basic Paediatric Nursing or Post Basic Accident & Emergency Nursing, as the case may be.
Completed application forms, with photocopies of all relevant documents, are to reach the Coordinator of the Programme of choice (Paediatric or Accident & Emergency), School of Post Basic Nursing Studies on or before Friday, 31st July.
Entrance Exam/Interview Date
UPTH Post-Basic Nursing Entrance Examination will hold in the SPBNS Auditorium as follows:
- Wednesday, 26th August for Paediatric Nursing Programme,
- Thursday, 27th August for Accident & Emergency Nursing Programme
TIME: 10:00 am prompt each day
Applicants should bring along writing materials for the examination. Mobile phones are not allowed into the examination hall. Applicants are to bring along original copies of their certificates and valid practising licenses for the interview.
Applicants are to make necessary arrangements for their accommodation and feeding throughout the duration of their interview.