See the steps involved in applying for WAEC Attestation of Result and Certificate Collection. The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released new modalities for the collection of Attestation of Results and printed Certificates by candidates from its offices in Nigeria. The new modalities for the collection of certificates apply to Private Candidates only, while the modalities for Requests for Attestation of Results shall apply to both Private and School Candidates.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Nigeria wishes to inform candidates and the general public of the new modalities for the collection of Attestation of Results and printed Certificates by candidates from offices of the Council in Nigeria. The new modalities for the collection of certificates apply to Private Candidates only, as School Candidates are expected to channel their requests through their schools. The modalities for Requests for Attestation of Results shall apply to both Private and School Candidates.
The new modalities are a clear departure from what was obtained in the past, where it was mandatory for private candidates to collect their certificates or Attestation of Results from the WAEC office in the state where they sat the examination. With this new initiative, candidates can apply and collect their Certificates or Attestation of Results (both School and Private Candidates) from any WAEC office of their choice in Nigeria.
Modalities for Collection of WAEC Attestation of Result and Certificate
Modalities for Collection of Attestation of Results and Certificates (Private Candidates) are as follows:
- For Attestation of Results, candidates are required to make their requests from any office of the Council and pay a non-refundable fee for the service,
- For the collection of certificates, candidates are to make their requests from any office of the Council and pay the prescribed fee:
- Candidates must state clearly the preferred office of collection of the printed Attestation of the Result or Certificate and would be required to pay for courier service for delivery to the chosen location;
- Candidate’s contact details (Mobile Phone Number and E-mail Address) must be provided at the point of request.
- WAEC Syllabus For All Subjects
- Free WAEC Past Questions and Answers
- WAEC May/June Timetable
- WAEC GCE Registration Procedure
- WAEC GCE Timetable
WAEC Statement / Attestation of Result Application Requirements and Guidelines
To apply for the WAEC Statement / Attestation of Results individual candidates must be able to provide the following:
- Letter of application; with the Title: “WAEC STATEMENT / ATTESTATION OF RESULT REQUEST”
- Police report on the lost or damaged certificate;
- Photocopy of lost or damaged certificate;
- Two recent passport-sized photos of the candidate;
- Sworn Affidavit for collection of Attestation of Result;
- An administrative fee of N50, 000.
You may want to check your WAEC Digital Certificate Online for more details on how you can get your WAEC certificate online.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Write a simple and short letter to the West African Examination Council with the title given below:
- Enclosed the letter in an envelope with the requirements given above.
- Kindly visit or mail the letter to ANY State WAEC Office near you for it to be processed.
Processing of the Statement of Result/ Attestation begins 2 weeks after letter has been received and approved.
If you have any question on WAEC Attestation of Result and Certificate, kindly use the comment section below.