Zamfara State Undergraduate Scholarship Award: The Zamfara State Scholarship Board (ZSSB) hereby invites applications from suitable and qualified indigent students of Kaduna State to apply for the ongoing local scholarship award.
Zamfara state scholarship board was established by law in 1996 when the state was created out of the former Sokoto State. The primary responsibility of the board is the disbursement of bursary allowance to eligible state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both at home and abroad.
See Also: Fully Funded Latvian Government Scholarships For International Students without IELTS
Since the establishment of the board, it was been carrying out its statutory functions as follows:-
- Payments of bursaries to the state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both within and outside the country.
- Liaise with the Federal Scholarship Board and other relevant agencies to look for sponsorship for state indigenes, particularly overseas.
- Conduct interviews for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for sponsorship particularly overseas.
- Conduct interviews for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for the award of scholarships in the Nigerian Institutions of higher learning.
- Advise the students where necessary to go for a course that is relevant to our manpower needs.
- The board from time to time liaised with institutions to monitor students’ academic progress.
NB: All undergraduate students studying in public institutions of higher learning, and are yet to obtain Bank Account Number & BVN that they are to report to the following Banks for their accounts opening, according to their respective Institutions listed below:
1. Union Bank
* Federal University Gusau
* Abu Zaria
2. GT Bank
* Usman Danfodio University Sokoto
* College of Health Science Tsafe
3. Eco Bank
*Federal University Birnin Kebbi
* Shehu Shagari College of Education
4. Jaiz Bank
* ZACAS Gusau
* Federal Polytechnic Kaura
* Zamfara State university Mafara
* FCE(T) Gusau
* Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Mafara
* Federal University Dutsinma
7. Zenith Bank
* Kebbi State University Aleru
* Sokoto State University
* Federal College of Education Katsina
8. Polaris Bank
*Bayero University Kano
* umaru Musa Yaradua University Katsina
9. First Bank
10. Fidelity Bank
*Kesusta and other institutions
Basic Requirements for Zamfara State Undergraduate Scholarship Award
Read the following conditions to be satisfied for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship Carefully.
- All Candidates for Matriculation or IJMB courses need to apply after completion of their courses to submit fresh scholarship application forms for his/her Diploma or Degree Programmes
- (Only PRE-NCE, NCE, PRE-ND, ND, HND, IJMB, MATRICULATION, AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS)
- All Candidates applying for Zamfara State Scholarship must be bonafide indigenes of Zamfara State
- All Non-Indigenes are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All Candidates who are Government employees are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All Candidates who are undergoing sandwich courses are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All spill Candidates are considered only with University extension Approval.
- All candidates must have secured admission from recognized higher institutions of learning to study a course with supporting documents i.e Admission Letter.
- Students of private Universities/Institutions are not eligible for the awards of the Zamfara State Scholarship, only public school students are considered.
NB: Candidate stands disqualified at any given time if found to have used fake documents or wrong information to the scholarship board.
Method of Application Zamfara State Undergraduate Scholarship Award
- Kindly log on to https://portal.zamfarassb.org/ to create an account
- Fill and upload the necessary required information and documents
- The clock on the Register Now Button.